Friday 30 March 2012

Where's the Sun gone?

(Current Song: Protectors of the Earth - Two Steps from Hell)


What a difference a day makes, eh? Yesterday evening I spent time with El, her family and her two nieces, having a BBQ at her brothers house, and lapping up the sunshine. Today...well, it's cloudy, and colder. It's a shame, but I'm hoping the weather we've had in the last few days is the weather we'll get for at least some of the Summer - I want to spend a lot more of it at the Beach!

I'm still struggling, I'm liable to for a couple of weeks, but I'm working hard not to let it affect me too badly. It really isn't easy, but I think I'll get there.

(Current Song: The Impossible Astronaut - Murray Gold (Doctor Who 6 OST))


I think I need to find myself a new hobby or two as well. I always felt I'd reach a stage where I wasn't enjoying gaming as much, and although I still play loads, I can see the hours gradually falling away into something else. I'm not sure what yet, but I've had thoughts that come the end of the year, I'll dramatically draw back the hours I put into gaming. Maybe I'll do some composition (I have some remix ideas I'd like to play around with), maybe I'll learn a new instrument or language or something.

I'm almost certain this generation of consoles will be my last, or at least the last I'll take a strong interest in. I can't afford the prices of most new games at the moment, something only set to get worse as higher budgets are without a doubt required for the next generation, and the publishers force ever higher prices to mitigate their losses to the second hand market. Renting and Second Hand are how I end up with most of my game time at the moment, only buying a new game every now again when it's a series I'm really interested in, a PC game, or something I'm sure to put a lot of hours into. Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 are excellent examples.

Speaking of Skyrim, if my mood improves when I return, I might restart. I've always fancied doing a Let's Play kind of thing at some point, and writing it with a degree of creative writing - first person perspective, using FRAPS to capture video, and probably Steam to capture Screenshots. I'll see how it pans out, but it's something to get my teeth into.

What else? Got a chance to catch up with Ben on Wednesday, played a few rounds of Pool with Elle and him, and had a couple of drinks. Much fun was had ^_^ Also caught up with Paul and Kristian on Monday - one or both sides always seem to be busy, so to find an hour or so when we're all free is a rarity. It's was nice to catch up and have a chuckle.

(Current Song: Day of the Moon - Murray Gold (Doctor Who 6 OST))


Really looking forward to November as well, having managed to bag a ticket to Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds in London. I was hoping to go last year, but the tickets sold out far too quickly, so to get one this year (on the 25th anniversary of FF, no less) is brilliant. Taking Joe and Jodie along with me, so it should be a good larf all round.

I think that's about it, for now at least. This pretty much covers the rest of the stuff I wanted to talk about last night. Not looking forward to the journey to Northumberland tomorrow, but it'll be nice once we get there, and Elle's sharing the driving with me, so it'll be less hellish than usual. It'll be good to get away from computers, troubleshooting and all that gumpf as well.

Till next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment