Thursday 29 March 2012

Flibble.

Woah, has it really been a month and a half since my last post? That's...disappointing to say the least. Life's been really hectic, but I was always intending to get on before now to post. Things just have a way of getting in the way, I guess.

To start with, the Muppets film was really good. It was a little on the predictable side, but the last half an hour or so was like one of the old episodes, done on stage, etc. Made me remember the old series', which were brilliant. I'm thinking of picking a couple up at some point (it's just a shame there's only been 3 released on DVD in the UK).

Elle and I also went to see The Hunger Games on Saturday evening in Truro, and followed it up with a meal at the Xen Noodle Bar. Both were pretty damn good - I'd heard of the Hunger Games before, but hadn't really shown an interest, and hadn't read the books. It turned out to be excellent - similar in some ways to Battle Royale, but with a greater emphasis on characterization, and set in a post war America (renamed Pan-Am). It's about 2 and a half hours long, but doesn't feel it - it flows really well, and has some good pacing. Might actually have to pick up the books at some point.

Xen Noodle Bar...well, for a start the food was pretty damned good (I had Lemon Chicken, Elle had Chicken Satay, and we shared a Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken and Sweet and Sour). No MSG, so the food was flavourful and not addictive. Service was excellent, very friendly and very fast, and the price was reasonably. Highly recommended if you like Japanese/Chinese cuisine.

On a more somber note, I've been struggling meds wise for a couple of weeks. To the ones who know me well, it's no secret I've been on antidepressants for a while (which I hate, but there you go). The one I was on just isn't working anymore, so I'm been moved onto another. All well and good, but while the old one is leaving my system, and the new one is entering it, I have a period of time where I feel overly depressed in comparison to the last few months. The last few days have been a real struggle, not just with home, but with work as well (it doesn't help my schedule's been packed to bursting).

I have a week of holiday coming up, so I'm hoping the time will allow the new meds to take effect, and I'll feel more like my old happy self when I return to work. Time will tell, especially with April looking to be incredibly busy work wise as well. Still, I'm learning tons, so I can't complain too much.

Game wise, I haven't been playing much. Again, those on my friends list will have noticed the occasional Skyrim screenshot - thanks to huge modding efforts on the PC, most of the bugs have been ironed out, and as a side effect the game looks absolutely astonishing. I've lost myself in it a bit, but not as much as I hoped I would, and Gaming in general has lost it's sheen. I think it's probably the problems with my meds and state of mind that are making me lose interest in my hobbies, but I don't know for sure. I think I'll find out in the next couple of weeks time.

Anyway, I'mma leave it there for now. I have other things I want to talk about, but I don't really have the energy to keep typing at the moment. Another time, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment